Thursday 30 June 2011

Summer reading.


I am an utterly over ambitious reader. This summer I decided I would read a potted history of political philosophy in preparation for my degree. Alas, I don't think this is going to happen as other more important things such as Conference and catching up with Mr.B are getting in the way. (not that that is a terribly painful pastime!)

I'm a 'little' bit of a snobby reader. I cannot bear chick lit, and find it rather dull. Instead, I seem to spend a lot of my time reading weird books with attractive front covers. There's nothing better than some new nicely bound books sitting on your shelf. On my list this year....

- Jesus for President by Shane Claiborne
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
- The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing
- The Beautiful and the Dammed by F.Scott Fitzgerald
- Wise Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys

Any more suggestions?

Yesterday in search of my mums birthday present me and Mr.B took a trip to one of my favourite places, the Harley Gallery and Lime Tree Cafe at the Dukeries. When I mentioned earlier about the little gems of Worksop, this is certainly one of them, and only about a ten minute drive away!


The Harley Gallery are currently exhibiting the work of Lokesh Ghai amongst others as part of an international artists exchange.

Cafe interior
One of my favorite cafe's is definitely the Lime Tree Cafe, I love the restoration they have done to the old stable blocks. And check out the gorgeous chairs!....They remind me of these beautiful Eames Chairs that I have been lusting over....so simple and perfectly formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment